Nichole Sorensen might have one of the most “sound” reputations you’ll come across in the field of audiology (audible groan…). With 20 years experience providing services in our valley, she has built up an incredible reputation that very much speaks for itself.
Learning from Nichole over the years, I have been fortunate to get a glimpse into the wide range of supportive devices and training options available to those suffering from auditory ailments. From tinnitus management, to auditory processing challenges, to vestibular considerations and general hearing loss – there is an extremely wide array of effective and well-researched programs and approaches available to dramatically enhance one’s quality of life. Always at the cutting edge of technology and research, her clinics are filled with wonderful tools and technology that help her clients obtain the most efficient auditory systems possible.
There are countless parallels between what we do in Vision Therapy and what Nichole’s team offers at their clinic. Our services have always seemed to complement their offerings extremely well – and these parallels definitely made this recording really fun and engaging. If you’re an Optometrist out there I’d highly recommend you arrange a little get-together with your friendly neighborhood audiologist!
My Top 5 Takeaways:
- When you offer different niche services within a larger clinic, having a detailed and educational website is very important.
- A well designed online intake form can save you a lot of time and help you to cater your exam specifically to each client.
- If you want to operate any sort of program well out of multiple locations, systems and team communication are paramount.
- As the leader of any team, you guide the office culture. Make sure to never neglect this role.
- 4 quick screening auditory questions that all Optometrists should add: Do you struggle to follow verbal instructions? Do you hear ringing in the ears? Do you have issues with balance or dizziness? Does your spouse think you have hearing loss?
Location: Lakeside Hearing, Kelowna BC
Where can I learn more about Dr. Nichole Sorensen, Au.D., RAUD, RHIP
Until next month,
Dr. Paul Rollett, OD, FCOVD