Brandy Osborne has been forging her path in the world of sport massage therapy for a number of years, and in that time has built up quite an impressive reputation. Her client list includes dozens of big name professional athletes, along with many weekend warriors who are keen to take an active and informed role in their journey towards recovery. She has spent time educating, leading and inspiring hundreds of her colleagues to be the best clinicians they can be and currently operates here in Kelowna, as well as travelling with both our national hockey team and Cirque Du Soleil providing acute and “on-the-fly” treatment.
Start to finish, this is really just a great conversation. I had very little to do with that mind you, as Brandy really stepped up and offered listeners a wonderful and in-depth glimpse into how the mind of an impassioned health care practitioner works.
Take some time out of your day or on your commute to give it a listen – I promise you’ll be happy you did.
My Top 5 Takeaways:
- You can’t live life by choosing to do things solely based on what people are willing to pay you to do them.
- Too many people are busy shouting out what they do and why people should refer to them. What you need to do to develop community is to spend more time learning how to support or refer to others.
- If you fill your business with people that you don’t really want to be there, there won’t be room for the people you really do want to attract.
- It is often times equally important to be kind and likable as it is to be extremely good at your job.
- As professionals, we often know far more techniques than we could possibly need, but it’s your mind and critical thinking that will limit you.