I know what you’re thinking – does the world really need another podcast?! While I’m not entirely sure that it does, I am entirely sure that this one has been a whole lot of fun to make!
This project was started on a bit of a whim. Wanting a little hiatus from writing blogs, I made the decision to turn the commentary outward and start sharing some of the great things that I’ve been learning over the past few years when grabbing drinks or going for coffee with many of the great professionals in our area. Plus, I bought myself a fancy microphone and kind of needed a way to justify the purchase.
Dr. Ben Stevens has to have some of the best energy and insights of anyone I could have called on to kick this thing off. I’ve quite literally re-listened to this thing 4-5 times and learn something new each and every time. A visionary both within his profession and beyond, I promise you that it’s well worth it to spend a little time listening to Dr. Ben.
My Top 5 Takeaways:
- Saying yes to something is inherently saying no to something else. Be purposeful and directed with the opportunities and people you say yes to.
- There is a lot of stress that comes with taking control of your future. Embrace it and work towards it – because it’s worth it.
- The recipe for stress and disappointment is to assume that your perfectly carved direction needs to work out. Don’t hold yourself to this standard.
- The world needs less people who are concerned about what others are doing and more people who are engrossed with the beautiful content of their own lives and making it extravagant.
- Scaring yourself without major risk can be very healthy. Extreme discomfort demands your focus and can be immensely clarifying.